Wednesday 16 October 2013

"I AM THE JESUS OF NIGERIAN MUSIC"- JESSE JAGZ


The Nigerian entertainment industry has been making some changes and well... some step up's. Some of which have been quite impressive but to me, not overly satisfactory. I'm not been unappreciative or trying to criticize but there is a point to this. Oh well,  we have the body moving beats and the vibes that makes your feet go tapping, but the lyrics... the content.. or message passed across is just bland and too predictable.

If it's not about girls "shaking their baka/ "whine am like this and like that", "go down low" and some other random or meaningless phrases and terms, it's some artist trying to make a replica of another famous artists brand of music. It's almost like no one really tries to put in an effort lyrically (I'm tired, we are tired!)... everything goes!.. and that shouldn't be.

When do we start appreciating music with good, meaningful, intelligent and thoughtful content?



Well, my thoughts aside. Here we have Jesse Jagz, most of you know him. He used to be a member of chocolate city with his brother, Jude Abaga but quit earlier this year and has since started his own musical endeavour, called "Jese Jagz Nation". Jesse Jagz claims that he is the "Jesus of Nigerian Music", he further said that Nigerian music is "unintelligent" and that "even goats can dance to our music" (that's one funny statement there, but he isn't so far from the truth)

"My top 3 artistes are me,me and me. No one works harder than me" He says.

All things said, Can he make Nigerian music better? Can he be the proverbial savior of Naija music? Our fingers are crossed and waiting for the next he has to offer,  because with all this been said, he should be able to deliver...let's take it he's got something brewing in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment