Monday 19 August 2013

My MUSE! (...On LOVE )

Sometimes when i'm really bored, I do some reading. It might  be a book or novel I run into or picked an interest in, It could be on the world wide web, most times it's very random. During one of my many reads, I came across a quote by Neil Gaiman... quite interesting and after the read I also did the same thing, and truly, "there are some things they don't teach us in school".

They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what is going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who is dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.

......Am I here to teach you, maybe give you tips?... well, I don't know.. but here's my muse.




Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest, your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. Brrrrhh! risky huh?

"Love Stinks", she said, and i asked: "how bad?" and she said: "Very!!". She went on to narrate a lil' tale about her love life and what she has been through.. I sat and listened, nodded when I needed to, smiled and "aww'd" when appropriate.

Yet another said: "ITS BEAUTIFUL!" and I said: "really, how so?"  And off she went with the fairy-tale story, I then asked: "does this story have an ending?" and she said: "well... we'd see, it's still on".( I see someone's not certain).


Peter very well objected. "Love doesn't exist", he said.  Now that was really contrary and I wondered why he'd say so. I jokingly asked; "Did you go looking and didn't find?", He said: "well, of course i did, looked every nook and cranny"... and I said: "maybe you saw it but didn't recognize it",  "who needs it anyway", he said.

Everyone wants love. Everyone needs love. Everyone wants to be loved. Deep down you know it, no use lying to yourself.  You've got walls? pull them down, do some interior decorating ( inside that heart of yours),  Plunge forward, it won't be a smooth ride but you would get there.





 You've been hurt, so what? there are no perfections, it'd only make you better and stronger. That don't mean you can not give yourself or the other party a second chance. 

"I'm here, come get me", Love says, "and when you find me keep me close, but first you must recognize and understand me".  "I am patient, I am kind, I do not envy, boast or brag, I keep no record of wrongs. I always trust, protect and preserve. Tongues would wag and cease, all knowledge would come and be done away with but I never end".

..................................................

Only once in your life you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you have never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future and dreams, you share goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.

When something wonderful happens, you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself.
Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you things about yourself that makes you special and even beautiful.







There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they'll think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to people such as a note, song or walk becomes invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.




................................................




Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or did not exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day's work and always brings a smile to your face.

You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that's so real it scares you. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. 



........ Your only hope and security is knowing that they are a part of your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment